Wednesday 29 January 2014

Ali, in her beautiful 1950s vintage wedding dress

Dear Reader

Today's real vintage bride is Ali, who chose this beautiful 1950s dress for her wedding.
1950s wedding dresses, c Heavenly Vintage blog, real bride Ali with husband, standing on lawn

Like so many of the best 1950s and 1960s wedding dresses, this chic and simple gown was inspired by Grace Kelly's 1956 wedding dress. (Many wonderful photos of that iconic wedding can be seen here.)

1950s wedding dresses, c Heavenly Vintage blog, bride and husband collage in church doorway
With its very fitted bodice, elegant lace sleeves and boat neckline, the dress suited Ali's lovely neat figure so perfectly. And in Ali's own words,
"I adored the dress. I felt amazing in it, and my husband loved it!"
1950s wedding dresses, c Heavenly Vintage blog, real bride Ali at the reception and walking from the church


I have two or three beautiful examples of this style in my collection of original vintage wedding dresses at my West London studio. Do contact me if you'd like to come and visit.

Thanks for dropping by today.

Love
Helena
Heavenly Vintage Brides