Monday 22 December 2014

Real vintage bride of the week: Jane, in 1950s lace and tulle wedding dress.

Dear Reader,
Today our fabulous vintage bride of the week is Jane. For her London wedding to George, Jane wore a gorgeous original 1950s wedding dress in latte-coloured lace.


Jane and George both wore tea-length dresses with a 1950s silhouette to complement each other's - making two equally beautiful brides. And like the dresses, all their day was a genuine delight. In Jane's words…
"George and I had such an amazing wedding day, it was utterly perfect, such a great party and celebration. By the end of the night we were overwhelmed by the fact we were married and all the love we felt from our fab friends and family."




"My highlights included: all our guests reading out the vows in unison, to which me and George replied together I do!; George singing Amy Winehouse's Valerie with the lyrics changed to Janie (epic!); our first dance to Earth Angel and then dancing the night away."



"I have to say, I felt like a princess in my dress and couldn't stop twirling! I love it so much. Helena - the support, guidance and sheer enjoyment I had on my visits to you, truly made the best start to my wedding planning, and I was so happy to find my 'perfect' dress. I have recommended you to several of my friends getting married next year so I do hope they get to meet you."


I love the way Jane's original 1950s wedding dress sets off her flame-red hair, but I'm sure you'll agree both brides look fabulous, and join me in wishing them big congratulations!
Love
Helena
Heavenly Vintage Brides

If you like this post, please try my other Real Vintage Brides

Photographs with thanks to Bethan Haywood Jones