Saturday 31 January 2015

Vintage Wedding Dress Trends 2015 - Number 1!

Dear Reader, 
The year is flying by, isn't it? … high time I made my predictions for the upcoming seasons! So today and all next week, I'll be sharing my Vintage Wedding Dress Trends for 2015. Here's my No 1…


1. SUBTLY SEXY BACKS

Brides often ask how they can be a little bit sexy on their wedding day, and still keep the vintage look. I love an open or low back dress as a way of revealing a little skin while keeping the charm and modesty of a classic vintage wedding dress.
1930s inspired lace wedding dress, ANGEL, from my Heavenly Collection
Butterfly (below) and Angel (above) from my Heavenly Collection both have glamorous - and quietly sexy - low backs.
1930s style lace wedding dress BUTTERFLY, from my Heavenly Collection
Keyholes are also showing strongly in this trend, as in mainstream fashion. I've just updated my lovely Florence 1940s-style satin dress with a keyhole detail.
1940s style wedding dress in satin and lace, FLORENCE, from my Heavenly Collection
As you can see, I kept it very subtle…
1940s style wedding dress in satin and lace, FLORENCE, from my Heavenly Collection
This subtly sexy look translates to most vintage wedding dresses with great success. You probably know by now - I'm all for subtly restyling vintage wedding dresses to make them perfect for a new bride. Just so long as it maintains the beauty and character of the original dress.

Pop back tomorrow to find out my Trend No 2…!
Love
Helena
Heavenly Vintage Brides

Thanks to Robert Lawler for the gorgeous photography.
And thanks to Abby at Cherished Vintage for the beautiful headwear.